Monday, November 7, 2011

the chance to dance

Woke up early this morning with a song in my head, one of the best from my favourite musical, "Chorus Line":

All I ever needed
was the music
and the mirror
and the chance
to dance
for you.

It was blasting through my brain. Must have had a theatre dream again. But it works for today - I teach two classes, and though I work differently now than when I was an actress, with ideas about words rather than with eyes and body, I will still do my best to lift the souls of my audience, to spirit them upward.

2 comments:

  1. Beth, A Chorus Line is also one of my all time favourite musicals. It's funny how a song can lodge itself into your brain and stay there until it exhausts your interest (or makes you sing it aloud)! Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I sang that bit of the song all day. One day I will join a choir and sing out loud.
    We are having an incredibly mild autumn - sheer bliss.
    b.

    ReplyDelete