Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November sun

Am I living in Canada? It's sunny and unbelievably mild - I was just out raking leaves wearing a light spring coat. Torontonians are looking around in bewilderment, congratulating themselves. "This just means it'll hit us harder later," said one cheerful soul. And another cheerful soul, my handyman John, stopped by with a reminder of what's to come - a new snow shovel. It's gorgeous, almost ... sexy, bright blue with that new kind of bent handle that makes it easy to lift. "I can't wait to try it out!" I exclaimed, and then thought again. "No, actually, I'll be happy to wait," I said.

Air fares plummeted over the weekend, for some unknown reason, so I jumped - booked my flight to Charles de Gaulle airport and back 5 1/2 weeks later. I was given the option of booking "premium seats," and went for it, so I'll have a bulkhead window seat both ways, quelle luxe!

Here I stand, old rake in one hand and new snow shovel in the other, ready for the next four months. I will deal happily with ice and snow - if there is any - until March 18th. And then I will get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment