Wednesday, February 15, 2012

getting going

What fun - off to Florida in a few hours, and I've got the flu! Or something like it. A sleepless night with hot, stuffed head and raspy throat. A beautiful day in Toronto, too. However, the beds are made for the tenants, my own stuff is in the basement ready to be transferred into the flat, the fridge is nearly empty, shelves are emptied, and most importantly, my snacks for the trip are packed - I always travel with packs of nuts, Vache qui Rit cheese with crackers, and a large sandwich. You never know. Let me tell you about the time we were stuck for eight hours in the biggest traffic jam in the world on the way to Jaipur from the Taj Mahal, and lived on my crackers and peanut butter. Oh they laughed when they first saw those, but at the end of eight humid hungry hours, they laughed no more.

So soon I'll take my guests on a tour of the house, give them the four page printed leaflet I've printed up, drag myself to the subway and pour myself onto the plane. It's forecast to rain in Bradenton for the next few days. No matter. I will be sitting in a stupor, staring at the heron who fishes in the bay. He and I will be moving at about the same speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment