Thursday, December 12, 2013

Crazytown

In my usual café on Second Avenue, where there's wifi - my bond with the sane world out there. And I'm from Toronto, hardly the sanest place on earth this last while - and yet from New York, Toronto is a placid backwater.

This is just to let you know that all is well. Paul McCartney is singing "Let it be" over the sound system and I'm in New York, what could be wrong? I was a few hours late getting in because my oversized package, the painting, got lost in the airport, and then the train to Penn Station sat for 20 minutes, and then the traffic was insane. I went for a walk in the park right after dumping my bags and my dad. Dad and I, in a sense, are here together. At least, we came in together. We may not leave together.

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

I'm going back to Ted's for a nap. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to your impressions of the Vermeer exhibition, Beth. Nice to think of you spending time in that most civilized of museums! Enjoy every minute! And good luck with the painting of your father...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Theresa. And you just back from your journey down the coast. Isn't it great that we can follow each other around the world?

    ReplyDelete