Thursday, January 16, 2014

Good news

First, I went to the dentist yesterday, and his hygienist told me I have the gums of a 15-year old. If you ask, I'll show them to you.

Then my client Lucinda, who came to me last year with an idea for a memoir, is self-publishing the manuscript we produced; it's nearly finished. She wrote:

I took all your advice and it shows! With heartfelt thanks for all you did to help me tell my story. You have a wonderful ability to bring out the best in people.

Nice to hear. A wonderful ability to bring out the best in people and the gums of a 15-year old - way to go, Kaplan, you're on a roll! 

And on Monday, I realized that the 50th anniversary of the Beatles arriving in America is upon us - should have thought of it earlier. I decided to try to get an essay on CBC radio's Sunday Edition, where I've read pieces before - spent Tuesday writing it, sent it to friend Margaret for editing, rewrote Wednesday, sent it in last night, and this morning the producer wrote to say she loves it, can we tape next week? She also wrote she's surprised I'm a Paul Girl. She's a Ringo Girl. 

Well, I won't hold that against her. 

It'll air Sunday morning, Feb. 9, which is 50 years to the day after the Beatles sang on Ed Sullivan. And now I realize I have a problem. That weekend, I'm in Ottawa visiting Auntie Do with Anna and Eli, scheduled to fly out at 6.30 pm Sunday Feb. 9. But there's a Beatles special on TV that night at 8. I won't be back in time. 

Can't miss it. Must change flight. Must pay penalty, get home in time. Must see Beatles. 

2 comments:

  1. Great news on all fronts Beth...just get that flight sorted! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have already done so, Carole - it cost money, but worth it. And now let me flash my gums.

    ReplyDelete