Wednesday, July 2, 2014

He's baaaaaaack.

Though I'm doing my best to ignore the fact, our mayor (unbelievable that he still holds that title) is back from rehab and apologizing all over the place. This morning, as he blathered on and on about how sorry he is, I shouted, "OH SHUT THE FUCK UP!" as I lunged at the radio to turn him off. As if someone with that kind of lifelong issue can deal with it in two months at a luxury rehab resort. Ludicrous. Make him go away.

Just now, sitting here listening to CBC news, I had to hear him again. "I didn't drink yesterday and I haven't dranken today," he said. "This is a chronical disease."

Now that he has dealt with all his personal problems, who'll teach him to speak English?

Back from yet another appointment at the Osteoporosis Clinic at St. Mike's. Please God keep me healthy; entering the medical system is boring and time-consuming. I am now going to take an osteoporosis drug that costs $800 a year. Well, if it means keeping my bones, it's worth it.

And this morning at 9.30 a.m., I enjoyed yet another episode of a new program on CBC - "Grownups read things they wrote as kids." The original event is an open mic show I did once, founded and hosted by Dan Misener, and now the best pieces from their shows will be on the CBC show. It's laugh out loud funny and Dan is a terrific host. He came to our first So True event too - we storytellers stick together. The show will continue through the summer and hopefully forever. Wednesdays at 9.30 a.m. True stories. The best.

No comments:

Post a Comment