Friday, March 18, 2016

Suzuki the magnificent

An extraordinary man, one of the most important and vital Canadians ever, Dr. David Suzuki, is turning 80. He was a great friend of my father's, who was also a committed social activist and scientist. And happily for me, David and his family have become much valued friends of mine. His 80th birthday party will be celebrated here in Toronto; I was invited, and how I'd love to be there - but will be in Vancouver! I admire him, his brilliant wife, his accomplished, thoughtful daughters, very much - a superb, hard-working, engaged tribe who have made and continue to make a huge difference to our planet.

David was interviewed about turning 80 by Peter Mansbridge on CBC. Here's this eloquent, humble, passionate environmentalist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybBB5aTPups&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment