Tuesday, August 1, 2017

they say it's your birthday

I think of my father today - hard to believe he was only 65 when he died, and today I am 67. Strange to be older than your parents. But here I am, carrying him with me forever.

My son is asleep upstairs. He came over last night bubbling with ideas and enthusiasm - he loves his new place of work, five of his expressly-designed cocktails are now on the menu, and the day he opens his own restaurant or bar is getting closer. On Thursday, he told me, he's going in on his day off to learn how to shred duck. Yes, my son will know how to shred duck.

But best of all, he'd just come from a movie and dinner with his sister. They drive each other crazy and will have each other's backs always. Nothing could give me greater joy than to know that. Later this morning, he and I will go to St. Lawrence Market to buy provisions for tonight, a dinner my son is going to cook for twelve or fourteen of my closest friends and family. We'll eat in the garden, if possible, where the Rose of Sharon, the goldenglow, the hydrangeas, the phlox and rudbekia and echinacea are ridiculously bright.

I picked two huge cucumbers, some tomatoes, and some flowers for our feast. Have received notes from distant friends, including Lynn in Provence.

The only thing to say is - I'm grateful for every minute. i thank you god for most this amazing day.  I'd like a few more of them, if you don't mind.

Just before my father died, he said, "I have no regrets. I've been given so much."

Me too, my father. Me too.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Beth! And may it be a generous and joyous year to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Theresa, for your good wishes and your long-distance friendship, your insight and vision. The same to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life has changed for better Thanks to Dr.moonlight for his good work I never believe that HIV has cure,
    I was HIV positive over 3 year now before I came across a comment about how Dr.moonlight cure HIV and herpes disease but when I saw it i have it in mind
    that he cant cure HIV I just decided to give it a try I contact him that
    night luckily to me he replied me, but I don't believe him
    but I still hold on to see the work of Dr moonlight if he is saying the
    truth he ask for some details about me i gave him all he needed and I
    waited to see his reply to my problem after all, he told me to go for check
    up and I went for HIV test I cant believe I was negative,am so happy and
    grateful to God for using Dr moonlight to cure me, that is the reason why i
    decided to write this wonderful testimony of our i was cured, i recommend
    Dr moonlight to you all around the world,contact him on his Email; moonlightspellcaster@gmail.com thanks
    Dr.moonlight for helping me at this young age, if you need any help contact,
    Him he can also cure so many sickness like
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2}Diabetes
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} CANCER
    {5} HPV/ORAL HERPES
    {6} ALS
    {7} Hepatitis
    {8}PREGNANCY PROBLEM
    {9}LOW SPERM COUNT

    ReplyDelete